Before moving out west, I thought all butter sticks were created equal. One of the first things I noticed when we moved out here is that the sticks of butter are a different shape. They are shorter & fatter than the east coast/midwest variety. Why is that?? When cooking I could just eyeball how much a tablespoon would be off of a stick. Not anymore. I actually need to look at the hash marks on the wrapper now. I also discovered on Thanksgiving day that these west coast butter sticks don't fit in my midwest butter dish. The stick is too tall and you can't put the lid on the dish. I think it's a butter conspiracy.
Things have been so busy this past week that I haven't blogged at all. I'm not going to go into all the details but in thinking back, here are the highlights in no particular order.
1. Jeff was home all week, which was wonderful. I really miss him during the day and I enjoyed seeing him spend quality time with Simon.
2. Had the lingerings of a cold and haven't been able to get rid of the cough. It's much better, but doesn't want to go away.
3. Simon seemed a bit better with the teething most of the week until today (Sunday). He was particularly miserable this afternoon, couldn't settle down for naps and cried so hard that he threw up in bed and on me. Poor little guy. A warm bath, clean soft jammies, a bottle and seeing his Daddy before bed made him feel much better.
4. Amazon Black Friday deals kept me coming back to my computer but never did buy anything from them.
5. Had a failed trip to IKEA on Tuesday. Got all the way there and they were unexpectedly closed. Weather maybe?
6. SNOW! I actually miss the stuff and we had just enough to make everything pretty. And just enough for all the Washingtonians to freak out and drive like idiots. I guess you take the good with the bad.
7. Great Food & Family! Thanksgiving dinner was a success. We were able to host for the first time since moving out here. It was really nice having my brother and his family over for the entire afternoon.
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. It's pretty fun despite the fact that I'm killing off the stupid ape every few minutes.
9. Got the tree up and decorated and some of the other decorations put up around the house. I love the holidays!!
10. CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!! I've been listening to it all the time. I love it!